1. L.A. Trip: Hanging with ZQ and Lady Tiamat
2. L.A. SCBWI Conference with ZQ and Laura
3. Outdoor Ed. Chaperone for the Daughterling’s Class
4. NYC Trip with the Daughterling
5. Relaxing Holidays with the Family
6. Sub Jobs: Art Teacher, Computer Teacher, Music Teacher, 2nd Grade, etc.
7. Westminster SCBWI Summer Conference
1) A Drowned Maiden’s Hair, by Laura Amy Schlitz
2) Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling
3) Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City, by Kirsten Miller
4) Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
5) Story of a Girl, by Sara Zarr
6) Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer
7) ZQ’s WIP
1) Dance of Anger: A Woman’s Guide to Changing Patterns of Intimate Relationships, by Harriet Lerner
2) Deep Economy: The Wealth of Communities and the Durable Future, by Bill McKibben
3) Setting Limits in the Classroom, by Robert J. Mackenzie
4) Teach Like Your Hair’s On Fire, by Rafe Esquith
5) Why Is Sex Fun? The Evolution of Human Sexuality, by Jared Diamond
Movies or DVDs:
1) C.R.A.Z.Y. – I loved this movie about a boy growing up in a family of 5 brothers in 1970’s Montreal – trying to come to terms with the fact that he’s gay without losing his father’s love. This movie is reminded me of every large family I know. Really enjoyable! (As a bonus you get to hear their cute garbled Quebecois French –my favorite kind of French– there are English subtitles too.)
3) Freedom Writers – I’m a sucker for “teacher-does-good” movies based on true stories.
4) Idiocracy – Martin and I quote from this movie all the time. Snarky good fun.
5) Little Miss Sunshine– I was probably the last person to see this. It lived up to the hype.
6) Tsotsi– Sweet movie about a Cape Town gangster who steals a car without knowing a baby’s in it.
7) Why We Fight
1) Fall Out Boy
2) Heap, Imogen
3) (The) Killers
4) Martin, Charlotte
6) Modest Mouse
7) (The) National
1) Computer Time: reading blogs, emailing, family websites, writer’s groups, etc.
2) Dance Class
3) Foreign Language Study (Spanish & French): flashcards, grammar, dubbed TV shows & movies
4) Grocery Store Walks with my Backpack
5) Hanging with the Kids in the Living Room
6) Lunches w/ Martin
7) Writing Time (Book Reading too)
1) Daily Show
2) Dark Angel: season one & two on DVD with French or Spanish dubbing
3) Dead Like Me: season one on DVD
4) Friday Night Lights: 2nd half of season one, 1st half of season two
5) Heroes: 2nd half of season one, 1st half of season two
6) Pushing Daisies: 1st part of season one
7) Supernatural: 2nd half of season two, 1st half of season three
One thought on “Top 7 Favorites of 2007 (In A, B, C Order)”
hey robin, this is aunt georgie…i say that b/c i am signed in under uncle fritz as we are having a problem with this pc and the fam website sign in…always love reading your lists and everything else…love that you share a part of your life w/us…even tho i don’t have a clue about any of the music, books and only some of the movies…is this what they call a generation gap? however, i do remember nancy and i having “dance of anger”, but i never read it…what did you think of it as i am wondering if anne and chrissy might find it of interest. thanks for such an interesting post, gal…truly love and truly miss you! ag